Top tip for the girls, it really is a target rich environment for you. Very little competition. There were some girls doing the Dance Central thing on a stage (yes, I was one of the middle aged guys taking pics) and some Nuts tarts making teens have awkward hard ons but other than that there were millions of blokes! Quite a lot of pony tails it must be said so I guess you have to take them out the equation.
Dance my pretties.
Anyway, some really good stands. I didn't have time to get into the really big game stands due to huge queues (MW3, BF3, Rage etc) but there were plenty of others that didn't need queuing. Forza 4 looked awesome and great fun with a wireless steering wheel thingy (crimbo pressie idea...), Batman Arkham City looked incredible, there was a linked up F1 game that looked very promising but I get a bit frustrated by those types of simulations. Race for 2 hours and one lapse of concentration and the whole thing is over. It reflects life I guess but the reason I'm playing the bastard is to take a break from real life for a little while.
My Xmas present
That's me with the axe.
I wish this was my living room
Saints Row 3 had a cool stand, like a night club with a bouncer on the door but i peeked in and all they had was bottles of water in the bar. Fail. Although I loved the outragious Saints Row 2, so I can't beat on them too hard. No doubt number 3 will be just a sick and enjoyable.
One of my favourite stands was the Retro Gamer. Had all the old consoles and even a Vextrex! You got to be old like me to know that one. Golden age of gaming right there. Was a really popular stand too which gave me a warm fuzzy feeling. Today it takes millions and huge teams to make these games. Back in the day it was done in a bedroom or small office with a few pals. Ah, I love nostalgia.
I'm awesome because I remember this stuff
It's coming up for winter so I'm treating myself to some new games (the Xbox hasn't been turned on in 6 months). Dues Ex and Dead Island will be the purchases (unfortunately no sign of them at the show). More on them once teeth have been sunk in. Also on the cards is a gaming laptop. I know I said I'd never go back to gaming on the PC but I spend a lot of time away, bored out my tits so I might as well perk things up a little. Elder Scrolls Skyrim is pushing me into that PC lark (again, big queue to see that bad boy. The gameplay trailers look amazing).





No comments:
Post a Comment