Wednesday, 23 November 2011

Zombie Update

Managing to keep up with the zombie movements out there.

First up is season 2 The Walking Dead.

Starting to lose the will to watch this show.  Season 1 was fab, big ideas and good stories.  I get a feeling the budget has been cut for this one.  They have been on a farm for 6 episodes now and I'm getting bored of it.  Not that much zombie action and frustrating story threads.  It should be about desperate survival, not sitting down to nice dinners at the farm and shagging the daughter (not at the dinner table).

I'll stick with it but it is not doing much for me so far.

African zombies next!  The Dead.

I enjoyed this film.  A good old fashioned zombie film, with loads of zombies and desperate survival story.  Special effects were pretty good (don't watch while eating dinner) and some nice cinematography.  The zombies were the slowest I've ever seen in a film however.  How they caught anyone to eat really amazes me.  Anyhow, apart from that and a bit of shady acting it was back to basics and I appreciate that.

Nice one.

Stakeland.

Okay, it is about vampires rather than zombies.  They are both undead and will bite you.  Actually the vamps in this are more like zombies.  Mindless, nasty things that just want to feed.

Again, another story of apocalypse and survival.  It is nothing fancy nor ground breaking but I enjoyed it. Some decent acting and some real good antagonists.  Kept a good pace throughout and a kept me hooked.  

Stakeland is my favourite out of the three.  Thanks to Ricky for putting me on to it.

Stakeland.  Go on, guess what happens next.


1 comment:

  1. Not-a-hipster fail. I would've checked out Stakeland if you'd linked it. (You said the magic V word.) But did ditent. And I'm too lazy to google it.

    Hope you're still watching plenty of touchy-feely I'm-a-smug-liberal West Wing to counterbalance all this rough violent make-believe.

    (What's the emoticon for tongue in cheek? :-g ??)

    Seriously, am going to look up Stakeland. See. You did a good thing.

    ReplyDelete