With the extra time on my hands, I've been playing some games. Guildwars has been dropped for Borderlands 2 recently (doesn't mean Guildwars is crap!). I played the original Borderlands a few years ago and loved it and couldn't wait to get my hands on the new one.
From the word go it is really funny and fast paced. It's a FPS and has a distinctive graphic style. Kind of cartoony but not. Hard to describe but it works and is brilliant. All the in-game characters are fun, great voice acting and the whole thing is tongue in cheek.
Four different player characters available (a DLC one is available soon). I played this assassin dude. He can specialise in sniping or close in chopping. Really enjoyed this character and I completed the game with him. I now have the choice of playing through again with the same guy and keep the level, guns, money etc or start with a new fellow.

His name is Zero. Hence the zero on his napper
If you enjoy a good shooter and a good laugh you will adore this game. I promise you! I've only scratched the surface of this as I've not played the other characters and gone through the skill tree system. I'll let you find out about that. It is joyous!
I'm glad I've completed it as I've bought XCOM: Enemy Unknown and it activates on Friday morning. Can't wait to play the remake of this classic. I'll let you know how I get on with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment