Lots of kids. Lots of fat blokes with Batman t-shirts. I had sitting in front of me a fat kid, with mask and cape and it had ADHD. His mother had just given up on him and sat like a dumpling watching the show. Only the big brother was there to keep the kid pointing toward the stage (it did spend a lot of the time looking backward at me). I learned to love the little fatty in the end. Especially his fat cheeks pushing out below the mask. Everything Batman isn't- out of shape, unfocussed and generally uncool. Bless his pies.
Enough of the fat kid. The show wasn't a musical, more a circus act. Lots of tumblers and flying about on wires. Fairly basic story of the usual badies ganging up to kill big B.
The characters were all pretty good. Joker had all the best lines and was the best character by far, he had real presence. Harley Quinn was there, the little slut. I liked her too. Batman and Robin had the best outfits of course. Batmobile was quite funky too.
Not a bad afternoon but I'm not sure Batman translates too well to the stage.
Roll on Batman Arkham City game and The Dark Knight Rises!
Yup, didn't want ejected for taking a pic of my pal.

did you get anyone to go with you? I think if you keep this up you will end up on a register somewhere...
ReplyDeleteI was curious about this but not enough to actually go.
ReplyDeleteI think you should sit down and think long and hard about what Fee and Ricky have to say.
ReplyDeleteEspecially Ricky.
ReplyDeleteI was taken there by a friend! Wouldn't have paid and then gone myself. Although some of those children dressed up in costume were adorable!!
ReplyDeleteDo you now own a batman costume?
ReplyDeleteI'm really not sure "my friend made me" is an acceptable adult response.
You're all jealous I've decided.
ReplyDeleteI own a fat kid in a batman costume.
ReplyDelete"You're all jealous I've decided."
ReplyDeleteAre you the fat kid in the batman costume? Talking about yourself in the third person is creepy you know.