Let me tell you, when you don't let the robots fight each other!! Way too much story in this film, a lot of it that was totally unnecessary. Bringing Buzz Aldrin on for a cameo was very cool for all the people making the film but come on, really? A few other odd characters that seemed very cool but not developed. I think they got confused in editing, cutting out stuff that made the film feel a bit disjointed. Maybe a director's cut would make a bit more sense. Nothing extra though, the film is long enough as it is!
Why the fuck do they always put a love interest in it too? I could just about tolerate Megan Fox as she was easy on the eye but the silly cow who replaces her in this one is so annoying. Maybe others find her attractive but I thought she had a ridiculous face. Anyway, the whole storyline with her was a total waste of robot fighting time. Be gone harlot!
When we finally got action it was amazing. Great effects and on a grand scale too. Loved all that. Cool cars too- the product placement worked. Alas, I found I couldn't afford the Ferrari when I went to the dealership straight after the film.
Potentially a great film if they cut a lot of the shit out of it. Still enjoyed it a lot despite many times thinking "GET ON WITH IT".
The Ferrari in action!

noooooo. you really must let Mark Kermode rule you in your movie choice. This is a big, bad NO. with a phoarr and a fnarr and nothing else. Apparently. I believe Kermode.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/kermode
I gave this a miss. Enjoyed the first one but didn't bother seeing the sequel so no point.
ReplyDeleteMark Kermode should be ruled by my movie choice!!
ReplyDeleteYour time is better spent on the quality stuff out there, Ricky.