What has brought all this on I don't hear you asking?
I'm going to tell you.
Apple.
For years I poo pooed them for being poncy, expensive and unnecessary. Why spend a grand on a lappy when I can get on for 400 sheet that does the same thing? I don't want to be controlled by Apple!
I stand by all this. The fact is they work really well. Just a couple weeks in using a 4 year old Macbook and I'm sold. Okay, I've done my Richy thing of fiddling. 1Gb mem to 4GB. 80Gb hard drive to 500Gb. Even that was super easy. Time machine made swapping drives easy as drugging a school girl in the back of a transit. So slick.
Some may remember me singing the praises of Windows 7 versus Vista (steaming, runny diarrhea). As good as Win7 is, it still requires antivirus, updates every 10 minutes, change of browser, confusing networks setups, poor backup options.... yadda yadda. I can't give something like this to my ageing parents!! Oh, hang on. Oops.
Maybe I'm just biased because it picked up my, I mean my neighbours, porno network drive without any drivers or extra installs. Dirty bastard. Just getting evidence against him before I go to the authorities.
They work out the box. That is all.
Maybe Hipsters are just stupid and can't get Windows to work? They certainly look special...
So memory and hardrive are different things. That is what I learnt from this post.
ReplyDeleteThat and that hardrive is spelt with 1 "d" when it should clearly be spelt with 2.
Windows 7 sucks ass btw. That is my professional opinion.
1 d, 2 ds?! You on drugs or something? It is spelt correctly! Were monkeys jumping out the screen at you? A sure sign you are having a really bad trip.
ReplyDeleteStay tuned and you will learn lots more stuff!
I feel it's bitter sweet to have you start up your blog again - sweet that I'll have more amusing reading material but bitter in that you reminded me I have a festering, neglecting blog of my own. That's newborns for you. Anyway, yes Macs rule and I've finally started to work out how to use my IMac - thanks for that :)
ReplyDeleteNix, I'm glad I can amuse. Please neglect your blog over the child. It's the socially acceptable thing to do. Unless you're a hipster.
ReplyDeletegosh, i'm confused. and hello. isn't this the old, deleted blog? and you're back? wtf?
ReplyDeletehow's finland? are you cutting a swathe through those 6" women?
x