Monday, 20 June 2011

Humiliated!

Out for lunch as one does on a pleasant Sunday afternoon.  One rolls into the car park in one's fancy Black Beast (AKA Honda S2000) only to find it isn't the sexiest car there.  By a LONG shot.  I've only stumbled into a TVR meet.



Now, lovely as they are, there was a lot of standing about and talking and not a lot of driving going on.  Some reasons why this might be the case-
  • TVRs are notoriously unreliable.  They are terrified the thing will end up on the verge with smoke coming out of it and that isn't a good talking point for these people.
  • They are fucking terrifying to drive.  TVR put 2 fingers up to the EU when it came to safety features.  Outrageously powerful engines, no ABS, traction control or indeed airbags.  Most of them seem to be enjoying their pensions and want to keep it that way.  Engine remains OFF.
  • They wouldn't have dewy eyed saps like me wandering around dribbling on the tarmac if they were on the road.  
There were 2 examples of one of the coolest cars ever made, the Sagaris (it's named after a type of battle axe) sitting with engine off.

Could probably fit some more air intakes there

Seeing one of these in the flesh was a rare treat.  Ah, if I had a multi car garage then maybe....

Had lunch, came out and they were still hanging around talking.  Pussies.  I skulked off in the Beast and floored it as soon as I was out of sight.  

I still love you Blackie.

No comments:

Post a Comment